Get the Glow - Can a juice cleanse help you get glowing skin?
Does a juice cleanse help your skin glow? One of the reasons many people embark on a juice cleanse is to reap the benefits for their skin. The skin is the body’s biggest organ, and we need to take care of it – it not only affects how we look but also protects our bodies against the extremes of sunlight and picks up feelings such as touch, temperature, and pain. In the UK, according to a research study from shopping mall ‘centre.mk’, we spend on average £400 on topical beauty skincare every year, but is it possible to help our skin from the inside out? In a word, yes. Nature’s fruit and vegetables offer many benefits to our skin, and what you eat can really impact how you look.
A diet of processed foods can lead to dull skin or cause other issues like dryness or breakouts. A juice cleanse is simply helping you pack in more vegetables and fruit than you would be likely to consume otherwise. A steady supply of nutrients is what your skin needs to support skin cell renewal. Fruits and vegetables contain anti-inflammatory ingredients and antioxidants, which are great for getting the glow and defending against environmental stressors.
Nutritionists and other health professionals recommend that we consume at least five fruit and vegetables daily, and juicing is a sure-fire way to hit your target of the good stuff. Read on to discover more about the radiance-boosting ingredients we put into Plenish juices and how they help your skin:
Which juice is better for glowing skin?
All Plenish Juices have benefits for your skin as they contain natural organic goodness from fruits and vegetables and can help you stay hydrated. Here are more about some of the main ingredients in Plenish juices that have benefits for your skin.
- Beetroot – Beetroot is packed with antioxidants and has a high Vitamin C content which is essential when helping your body to produce collagen. You can find beetroot juice in Plenish Pump: Berry Beets Juice, where it’s combined with sweet berries and zingy lime for a beautiful flavour.
- Carrot – The humble carrot is packed with vits and minerals, including Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and potassium. Beta carotene, which gives carrots their bright and punchy orange colour, has been shown in research to maintain skin health and increase your skin’s defence against UV rays. You’ll find plenty of carrots in Plenish Shield Sweet Immunity Juice. This juice boosts your skin as it has over 50% of your daily vitamin A, also known as retinol, per 100ml. Retinol is well known for promoting skin health.
- Spinach – Leafy greens like spinach and kale are rich in vitamin K. This is a powerhouse nutrient. Spinach is also loaded with zinc, which is said to help prevent acne breakouts. It also contains a naturally occurring antioxidant that protects skin and helps to even out skin tone – zeaxanthin. You’ll find spinach in our Boost: Essential Green Juice, Fuel: Hard Green Juice, Lift Sweet Green Juice, and our Rise: Easy Green Juice, which is perfect for the summer months.
- Apple – Apples are around 85% water, so they are perfect for hydration – they also have the added bonus of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and plenty of antioxidants. So you can see why an apple a day helps keeps the wrinkles away. You’ll find plenty of apple juice in Plenish Pump: Berry Beets Juice.
- Oranges and Lemons – Our skin can produce extra pigment or dark spots with UV light exposure. It’s well-known that topical products can help brighten your skin but eating citrus fruits such as oranges may also help. A good snack choice if you would like a healthy complexion. You’ll find plenty of lemon in our Kick: Spicy Lemonade and both zesty orange and lemons in Shield: Sweet Immunity Juice.
- Ginger – Ginger contains gingerol, which can help in the fight against skin-damaging free radicals and promotes a smooth and even skin tone. Check out the Plenish Ginger Immunity Shot.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is an antioxidant that can help combat free radicals that could dull your skin. It’s also a spice that promotes collagen synthesis, and when used topically it can help renew the skin and, in turn, fight wrinkles and fine lines. Why not try a Plenish Turmeric Defence Shot?
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids that are important for skin health. It also contains sulforaphane, which may help prevent skin cancer and protect your skin from sunburn. Try our Lift: Sweet Green Juice.
What to drink to get glowing skin?
Drinking juice filled with the organic goodness of fruits and vegetables is a natural way to get your skin glowing. Fruits and vegetables contain powerful antioxidants that help protect your skin from damage. You’ll still need SPF, of course, and your topical skincare regime, but consuming more juice can help your skin start to glow from the inside out. Try one of our juice cleanses to really up your fruit and vegetable intake.