Soya Orange Loaf Cake
Serves: 8-10 slices
Hands on: 10 minutes
Overall time: 55 minutes
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 185g caster sugar
- 125ml rapeseed/canola oil
- 200ml Plenish Soya M*lk
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 90g/1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line and grease a 9×5″ loaf tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, Plenish Soya M*lk, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 45-55 minutes until golden brown.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and orange juice together until it forms a thick icing. Spoon onto the cake.
- Top with some extra orange zest and serve!