Coconut Ice Cream Recipe: Lemon Curd Ice Cream with Ginger Crumble
Lemon curd ice cream with ginger crumble
This fresh-tasting ice cream is swirled with a zesty zing of lemon curd, which means it’s light, fragrant and refreshing. It’s churned so that it has that super-smooth texture. With each spoonful, you could picture yourself on a long, lazy holiday in Italy. Buonissimo.
Coconut Ice Cream Base Recipe
Coconut Ice Cream Ingredients
600ml Coconut Cream
200ml Plenish Coconut milk
150g Agave Syrup
- Blend all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined using a blender jug.
- Refrigerate the mixture and leave it to chill for 4 hours.
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker. We used a Sage Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker and churned the ice cream using gelato setting 1.
- Swirl and marble in the chilled lemon curd. (See the recipe for the lemon curd below and make it in advance.)
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
Vegan Lemon Curd
Ingredients for Vegan Lemon Curd
200ml Lemon Juice (4 lemons)
200g Agave Syrup
40ml Plenish Almond Milk
70g Coconut Oil
How to make Vegan Lemon Curd
- Whisk the cornflour and water together until smooth, then whisk in the lemon juice and agave.
- Place over medium-low heat and stir gently. Continue to cook the curd whilst stirring until it becomes very thick.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the almond milk and coconut oil, stir until melted and smooth, then remove from the heat.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate until required.
Gingernut Crumble Ingredients
60g Coconut Oil
200g Light Brown Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
250g All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Ginger
How to make Gingernut Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream coconut oil and brown sugar together, and then add molasses and vanilla extract and mix in.
- Sift all-purpose flour into a bowl and add baking soda, salt, ground ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir in by hand until crumbly.
- Press onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 mins until crisp.
Sprinkle the gingernut crumble all over your lemon curd ice cream before serving – it gives it an extra delightful crunch.
Ice cream is an all-around favourite – it can cool you down on a hot day, provide a little boost of instant happiness or work as an easy-peasy dessert that practically everyone will like. You can also use the base recipes for these ice creams and add extra flavours or add your twist to the toppings. We hope you enjoy National Ice Cream Day – share your creations with us on Instagram using #Plenish. You might also enjoy these recipes for a Dairy-free Summer Afternoon Tea.