This light coconut milk curry is just perfect for a summer evening meal. It’s filled with fresh flavours and seasonal vegetables. There’s no need to stop eating curries during the summer season with ingredients like these that are bright and fragrant. This recipe adds a dose of sunshine to any dinner table. While this recipe uses courgettes, broccoli and french beans, you can feel free to change up the vegetables depending on what you have gathered from your local farmers market or grown. You can taste test this one as you go to see what works.
Coconut Milk Curry Ingredients
1tbsp of coconut oil
1 small onion
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon of ground coriander
¾ teaspoon of turmeric
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
½ red chilli chopped
400 ml of Plenish Coconut Milk
1 tin of puy type lentils in water, like Biona Organic Puy Lentils
1 cup vegetable stock
1 chopped red pepper
Summer Vegetables: Chopped French Beans, Cauliflower, Carrots
3 tbsp of fresh, chopped coriander
A squeeze of lime
Serve with Jasmine Rice
How to Make this Summer Coconut Milk Curry
1. Thinly dice your onion, finely chop the chilli and chop other vegetables.
2. Add the coconut oil to a hot skillet or frying pan over a medium heat. Then add your ginger, garlic and onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
3. Stir in the cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, chopped chilli, and cook for a further minute or two.
4. Next, add the vegetable stock, drained lentils and 400ml of coconut milk and bring to a low boil. Then season with salt and pepper.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the chopped vegetables to the pan and continue to simmer until vegetables are cooked.
6. Cook the jasmine rice during this time according to directions.
7. Just before the end of cooking time, squeeze in the juice of half a fresh lime and adjust seasoning to taste.
8. Serve with your jasmine rice, freshly chopped coriander and lime wedges. Delicious.
If you have other produce to hand, don’t fret. You can easily adjust the vegetables and other ingredients in this curry according to the ingredients you have to hand or your preference for taste and texture. This curry will add vibrance and spice to any mid-week menu, and it’s easy to make. It’s also a healthy choice and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Plus, it’s gluten-free. The dish works well when served with a fresh green salad too.
Feeling inspired to try this curry recipe, or do you have a summer coconut curry recipe of your own to share with us? Simply tag us on Instagram and use #Plenish.