Chocolate & Salted Date Caramel Vegan Ice Cream
This ice cream recipe is paired with a hot, salted caramel date sauce; it’s what vegan dreams are made of. So sit back, relax and enjoy this dangerously delicious dark chocolate ice cream with a gooey sweet sauce.
Vegan Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Base Recipe
Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients
180ml Plenish Oat Milk
300ml Coconut Milk
130g Coconut Sugar
170g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
60g Cocoa Powder
¼ tsp Sea Salt
How to Make Vegan Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Heat the oat milk, coconut milk, sugar, barley malt syrup, and cocoa powder in a pan until all sugar is dissolved, then whisk until smooth.
- Add the chopped chocolate, vanilla and salt. Stir the mixture together.
- Blend the mixture using a stick blender to smooth.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker. We used a Sage Ice Cream Maker and churned the ice cream using gelato setting 1.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with the salted date caramel sauce and chocolate chunks.
Salted date caramel sauce
175ml Plenish Almond Milk
1 tsp Sea Salt
- Soak the dates in hot water for 30 mins and drain.
- Add the almond milk, dates and salt to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Heat in a pan and serve straight over your ice cream.