Are you looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast that tastes like cake but is actually good for you? Then check out this recipe for Chocolate Baked Oats. Chocolate Baked Oats have been having their moment on TikTok this year because they are healthy and provide long-lasting energy and vitamins, but have the texture and taste of cake. So you really can have cake for breakfast. Cake lovers everywhere rejoice. Oats are full of fibre and can help you feel fuller for longer. We’ve made our baked oats with Plenish Oat Milk, and this recipe is vegan and gluten-free too. You can also bake this in advance and then warm it in the oven for 5 minutes if you are short on time in the morning.
How to Make Chocolate Baked Oats?
Chocolate Baked Oats Recipe Ingredients
100 grams of Gluten-Free Porridge Oats
230ml of Plenish Oat Milk
2 tbsp cocoa
½ tsp baking powder
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
A handful of vegan chocolate chips
A pinch of salt
How to Make Chocolate Baked Oats
- Firstly pre-heat your oven to 180c or 160c for fan ovens to prepare for baking.
- Put your gluten-free oats, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl and mix together.
- Then add the mashed banana, Plenish Oat Milk, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix all of the ingredients well to combine – ideally in a blender to get the right texture.
- Divide your mixture into two and pour into two ramekins that have been lightly greased.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of the mixture.
- Place ramekins on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
Leave to cool and then enjoy your decadent breakfast treat. These muffin-like baked oats are such a good breakfast choice you’ll already be thinking about it the night before. You could also add your own twist to this recipe – for instance, try swapping out the cocoa powder and chocolate chips for raspberries and almonds or lemon and blueberry. The flavour combinations are a fun experiment. You might also like our favourite vegan brunch recipes.