Almond Butter Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Ganache
Get ready for the ultimate almond butter ice cream made with Plenish Almond Milk, dark chocolate chips, and topped off with a dreamy vegan chocolate sauce. The team at Plenish have teamed up with Sage and are using a Sage Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker to make this deliciously indulgent frozen treat- it’s the perfect partner for those long summer days. It’s quick and easy to make this scrumptious ice cream yourself over and over again. Here’s the recipe:
Almond Butter Ice Cream Ingredients
500ml Plenish Almond milk
100g coconut sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
250g smooth almond butter
½ tsp vanilla paste
1 tsp sea salt
100g dark chocolate chips
How to make Dark Chocolate and Almond Butter Ice Cream
- Place the almond milk, maple syrup and sugar into a saucepan and heat until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the almond butter, vanilla, and salt to the pan and stir.
- Use a stick blender to blend the mixture until smooth.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Add to your chosen ice cream maker. We are using a Sage Ice Cream Maker and set to the gelato setting and churn.
- Add the chocolate chips when signalled – when you are using a Sage Ice Cream Maker, the machine sounds when it’s time for ‘add ins’.
- Place the ice cream in a tub and freeze for at least 2 hours.
Making the Vegan Dark Chocolate Sauce
Dark Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
100g dark chocolate
125ml Plenish Coconut Milk
How to make the Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Heat the coconut milk in a pan.
- Chop the chocolate roughly and place it in a heatproof bowl
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and allow to stand for 3 mins
- Whisk the mixture together to create a silky smooth sauce
When your sauce is ready, drizzle it all over the chocolate almond butter ice cream. It tastes so good you will want to keep making this one all summer long. If you try this one at home, share your results with us using #Plenish.